An Australian Wine Blog

This Wine Blog

This Australian wine blog was formerly known as

I'm a wine drinker, and this blog is about wine, not just Australian wine.

If you wish to contact me, please do so here.
All content of this Australian Wine Blog © Stuart Robinson - The Vinsomniac. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, 26 June 2020

Feudo Arancio Riserva 2015

Nero d'Avola, from the varieties home in Sicily. Of the finished wine, 30% is aged in steel to preserve the complex character of ripe red fruit, while the remaining 70% ages for 8-10 months in French oak barrels to soften the tannins and to add structure to this elegant wine. 

The components are then blended to age a little longer together, first in steel and then in the bottle for an additional 12 months.

Shy initially, a touch of oak char and woodsy spice set to black fruit. It's Plummy, mulberry like fruit set makes itself present across the palate. 

Tannin is fine, minerally and providing good carry. I'd suggest it needs protein to complement the tannin profile. Finish is moderate, touch of acidity for added freshness, feel and flow. 92 

Tasted on: Wednesday 6th May 
Source: Sample
Price: $30
Alcohol: 13.5%
Closure: Screwcap
Sample courtesy of:

Follow me:


Post a Comment