As bloggers/ reviewers/ critics come under greater scrutiny, I thought it worthwhile to document the standards I seek to adhere to. Indebted to Paul Starr at biancorosso for a well thought out piece that acted as the catalyst for this.
* See Sending Samples, or send me an eMail if you wish to do so.
* All samples are reviewed, but may not necessarily be published.
* Under no circumstances will samples be sold on, either retail or auction.
* Please see 'Scores'
* Supplying wineries are free to use a published review free of charge;
* Attribute the source of the review to 'The Vinsomniac' with a link to the relevant review;
* Retailers may also use reviews, attributed, for the purpose of promoting the same wine AND vintage.
The price stated is generally the Cellar Door price, or if the wine
reviewed is one bought retail, it will be the 'shelf price'.
How Are Wines Tasted
* Wines are typically tasted as seen, individually, with food and typically over a period of 2-3 days to provide an indication of cellarability.
* Occasionally wines are tasted in brackets, single or double-blind, and where this is done is noted on the relevant review.
Conflicts of Interest
* Reviews are undertaken independently.
* It is the nature of the wine industry that friendships/ relationships may be formed with with winemakers/ wineries, this will not have a bearing on wine reviews;
* Occasionally The Vinsomniac may attend regions, dinners, tastings as the guest of a winery or distributor - where this occurs, it will be clearly stated in any review or publication.
* The Vinsomniac does not currently accept advertising, with the exception of that which google may place on the site via an adsense account.